Thursday, May 25, 2006

annhilism

I have taken to writing these entries while watching TV. Perhaps I am like those kids in movies who have such big brains that they watch eight channels and play four video games all at once. TV is emotionally drawing, but insufficiently interesting to occupy whatever part of my brain controls my hands. So I sew, bead, write, blog. Blog. It's such an icky word. It sounds like an acronym for a medical procedure that removes nasal polyps or something.

So with all this pointless television watching, and accordingly the realization that my life, for the moment, is kind of purposeless, I have taken to exploring nihilism. Anbd realized that nihilists, like a fair few existentialists, and some philosophers in general, are self-absorbed shitholes. I like philosophy well enough. And I well understand the reasoning for nihilism. Sometimes the world feels like a great wad of nothingness. I get that. Insofar as one's own douchiness keeps one from realizing that there are other people around you, even if you don't feel you have a purpose.

So, I like the X-Men. FX has been showing the first and second ones the past couple of nights. I don't know why I like action movies so. Perhaps because I have given up romance movies. Actually, comedies are my favorite, but oddly enough I don't own any. I just find that they are less worth watching over and over again than, say, I Robot or other sci-fi inspired "earnest" movies as my dad calls them. I also own ridiculous romances, and nineteenth century literature movies like Little Women.

Perhaps because I am one. Ha.

More likely Prided and Prejudiced.

No comments: